czw Lip 2019
On daily basis you will work together with the German Legal team and provide comprehensive legal support to our business in Germany, including client contract negotiations, advice on delivery issues, legal compliance advice and dispute resolution.
As part of your daily work, you will cooperate with many different internal stakeholders, including Delivery, Finance, Business Risks Managers and Sales.
A successful candidate will be working from Capgemini office based in Wrocław or Kraków. However, an extensive onboarding time period in Berlin is required. After the onboarding, the job may require travelling up to 30% of the time.
We are also willing to consider candidates from other locations in Poland for a remote work employment (if the candidate proves competencies required for this type of working system).
As a commercial lawyer, you will work on client contract negotiations on a German market, bid strategy, contract reviews and be part of the deal review and approval process. The deals include framework agreements, consulting agreements, digital and cloud services agreements, IT infrastructure and managed services agreements. We work in the private and public sectors. You may also advise on some post signature (delivery) matters, and you may do some sub-contracts and procurement work. You may also work on specific legal projects, dispute resolution and legal compliance matters.
- Review and negotiation of contracts such as Master Services Agreements, Outsourcing & BPO Agreements, Software Licenses, Subcontracting Agreements, Data Protection Agreements, Agreements with Alliance partners, Suppliers, System Integration Agreements and Procurement Agreements. This involves negotiations directly with the clients and their attorneys, and requires close interaction with the various departments of Capgemini, including the business, finance and delivery teams
- Preparing responses on the contract terms for Request for Proposals, identifying and articulating the legal and business risks
- Review and management of Inter Company Agreements between various group companies
- Ensure compliance with laws and company policies while supporting business
- Provide support to legal team members from other jurisdictions, where required
- Participation in trainings, development related activities and other initiatives of the legal department
- The successful candidate will work on all phases of deals, ranging from the proposal/bid review stages, right through to final negotiation and post signature issues
You will be part of the Global Legal Center Poland (GLC Poland) team, working currently out of two locations – Wrocław and Kraków, which consists of fully qualified Legal counsels and lawyers and is headed by the Head of GLC Poland. The team delivers high quality and pragmatic legal services to all parts of Capgemini business in a number of different countries and jurisdictions. On daily basis you will work together with the German Legal team, which consists of 11 lawyers based in Berlin or Munich and 1 lawyer based in Poland. You will also be part of Capgemini’s global Legal team, with over 200 lawyers world-wide. Our lawyers have the opportunity to be part of global legal networks and work on global legal initiatives as well as supporting local operations.
It is a challenging role within a highly empowered team of business-oriented lawyers, working in a dynamic international environment. We have a bold and creative approach to providing business solutions and are looking for bright, talented, commercially experienced lawyers with a very strong business acumen and knowledge of IT industry.
The successful candidate should be skilled in Commercial Law, legal advice, Intellectual Property and IT law as well as experienced in deal negotiation, contract drafting, legal project management, with strong commercial skills and sharp business focus.
After intensive onboarding in Berlin, you will enjoy a good degree of autonomy and will work on all phases of deals. The successful candidate will work closely with a broad range of internal stakeholders and external clients and will advise on a wide variety of commercial issues and transactions, varying in nature, complexity and value, as well as ad hoc legal issues. In addition, the successful candidate will be involved in onsite negotiations with clients in Germany.
We offer this unique possibility to learn, to grow and to develop skills within a leading company in the field of IT consultancy, technology and outsourcing services.
Applications are welcomed from lawyers with contract law experience, specialized in IT law and whether in-house or in private practice.
- Substantial knowledge of German law
- Strong academic credentials and degree from one of the German Universities is required (either Master degree of LL.M)
- Admission to the Bar Association in Poland and/or Germany
- At least 6+ years’ experience as a practicing lawyer / legal counsel with commercial and IT contracts in private practice and/or in-house and/or in a law firm and/or legal department in a multinational company
- Broad knowledge of IT sector and commercial law
- Experience in providing risk assessment advice from a legal perspective with the confidence to influence the business at a senior level and set expectations
- Sound business acumen and commercial awareness and practically-oriented, ability to identify and resolve legal issues quickly and effectively, ability to provide solution-oriented legal advices
- Clear capability to collaborate cross‐functionally and within legal function, in the context of both supervisory and non‐supervisory relationships
- Good communication and workload management skills
- Fluent in English and German verbal and written communications for both formal and informal settings
- Self-motivated, hard-working, detail-minded, clear thinker, quick learner, team player with ability to work independently under pressure with minimum supervision and adapt quickly to the dynamic work environment
- Interested in learning and with a positive approach to change
- And last but not least – sense of humor
- Working with great people and in legendary atmosphere
- No formal dress code
- Annual family picnics
- Unforgettable integrational events
- Employee volunteering opportunities and interesting CSR projects
- We value and respect diversity in terms of gender, nationality, roles, age, interests
- Internal celebration initiatives: Childrens Day, St. Nicholas Day and many more
- Supporting employees hobbies: Business Run, e-sport games, basketball, volleyball
- Development in expert or leader competencies
- Broad training offer with possible co-funding
- Access to Harvard Business Review knowledge base
- Introduction plan for new employees and Buddy Initiative
- A wide range of instructor-led and e-learning trainings
- Co-financing for post-graduate studies and courses
- Many companies under one roof / internal headhunters
- Internal development events: conferences, meetings, communities
- Education First platform for learning English online
- Contract of employment for an indefinite period
- Possibility to work from home
- Bonuses, including those for new employees recommendation
- Additional life insurance
- Attractive package of extra benefits of your choosing (fitness, gym, cinema, etc.)
- Disability inclusion, assistive technologies, reasonable accommodations
- Private medical care for you and your family
- Bicycle parking and carpooling options
- Free coffee, water, milk and wide range of teas
- Anti-smog plants in offices
- Car leasing
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation. Capgemini Poland’s Business Services unit is at the forefront of innovation in areas such as HR Services, Finance & Accounting, Supply Chain, Intelligent Automation and Business Transformation. Our international team features people from 60 different nationalities, and we work on exciting, multi-lingual projects with some of the world’s leading brands.