Legal Advisor will work as a part of the Warsaw-based Aon Law team, providing support on a range of English and Irish law-governed commercial contracts that facilitate Aon’s insurance and reinsurance broking, risk consulting and analytics businesses across all Aons solution lines: commercial risk, retirement, health, reinsurance and data & analytics.
In addition, candidate may be asked to support on legal advice for English speaking Aon jurisdictions within EMEA, as well as Central and Eastern Europe. They will also be asked to upskill regulatory knowledge in various fields such as e.g. in data protection law to assist on these matters too.
This role will report into the Head of Commercial – Warsaw and may be performed from our offices in Warsaw or Krakow.
- Working together with Aon Law team based in London, business units and other support functions (in particular Compliance, Data Privacy etc.) to ensure legal risk is managed appropriately.
- Will provide support on projects and other matters as required from time to time, including projects on new legislation/regulation, regulatory projects and M&A integration.
- Will proactively engage with management to identify risks and matters requiring escalation.
- Will support the team in a positive manner, providing support on team infrastructure such as updating precedents, playbooks, undertaking research and arranging, delivering and attending training.
- May provide data protection advice in relation to the UK and European requirements.
- Offer commercial legal advice and contract drafting for Aon business units in the UK, Ireland, and, Central and Eastern Europe.
- Mid-level lawyer (c. 2-4 years PQE) with completed bar qualification (or not interested in bar admission).
- Working experience as an in-house lawyer in a multinational organisation or an associate in a reputable law firm.
- Experienced in providing commercial legal advice and drafting to facilitate the development and conclusion of commercial relationships.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to work independently, escalating concerns appropriately.
- Hands-on Experience with English or Irish commercial contracts is an asset.
- Fluent English is a must.
- The best medical cover on the market with free dental care.
- Generous benefits package for your wellbeing (multisport cards, insurance, vouchers, and many more!).
- Stability of employment and permanent contract after trial period.
- Brand new office supporting collaboration, flexibility and activity based working.
- Internal career opportunities and individual development plan.
- Unique workplace culture - we value openness, honesty and authenticity, so don’t expect formal dress code nor managers hidden behind closed doors.
- Lots of social events, charity actions and opportunities to integrate with colleagues.